Sunday, November 16, 2008

Young Women Sleepover....poor john....

So a few weeks ago my Young Women asked me if they could have a sleepover at my house. I said sure, if you plan it then we will have a sleepover. I thought that there was no way they would actually get it all planned. We were in Nevada last sunday but apparently they had a planning meeting after church and informed me Wednesday night at our activity that the sleepover was all planned. When I asked when it was going to take place, one of them said...well its in two days, you said we just had to plan it and we planned it for that day. So Friday night came around and eight young women piled into our tiny little apartment. We had a good time but at about 12:15 I realized that something has definitely changed. I absolutely could not stay awake. I left the screaming (poor neighbors), laughing, wild young women and tried to get some sleep. Of course John and I were up by 6:30 but the young women slept til about 8:30 or 9. By 11:30 we finally had them all home! Whew!


Halley asked if I would dress her up so I got my old Kimono out and did my best!

One of the girls never wears make-up or does her hair so she asked a few of the other girls if they would give her a make-over. It was really funny to watch them with their kits and their boxes and bags. It was like watching surgery. I am not sure they changed much. There was a whole lot of makeup and some straight hair. They all seemed very pleased with their work. Here is a vern before picture.

Here is a Vern after picture. She actually looked great because who knew she had those long legs! I had never seen her in heels and a short skirt! I think they all had a good time!

1 comments:

peer pressure made me do it said...

She looks so cute. You're right, great legs! You are old and can't stay up late. I can't if I'm trying to but if I need to sleep, I can't. Welcome to being a grownup old type person. I'm bringing you love stargirl. You sill weep but it's ok.