Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pioche!!!!

Fourth of July is a wonderful time. It is a time that makes me immediately think of family, homemade rocky road, Pioche and Alicia stinking the place up! I must admit it is one of my favorite holidays. The last two years have been kind of a bummer for us because we haven't been able to go to Pioche and join in the festivities. It appeared as though this year was going to be the same. A few days before the fourth John and I were talking and we just decided what the heck, lets go. So what if it's 10 hours away. So what if I feel like barfing everywhere! So what! We told my Mom we were coming and told her to keep it quiet. We wanted it to be a surprise. It turned out to be an excellent decision. We arrived in the middle of the night and snuck in to one of the houses that no one was sleeping in. When we woke up around six the next morning we startled a few people. There may have been a few moments of heart failure. We had SO MUCH FUN! We relaxed, ate good food, watched movies, slept, I ate a ton, John worked, we went sight seeing, I ate a ton, played with nephews and niece, I ate a ton....
There's just no way for me to explain how fun the Pioche experience is! I love my family and I love Pioche. I can hardly wait for next year!
And of course I was a slacker and didn't take any pictures...so the few that I have are stolen.
Kids waiting for the fire works to start in Caliente. It was so nice and cool!

Grandparents eating their ice cream.

Marcus and Dallin in a jail cell in the million dollar court house. Marcus looks scared and Dallin looks delighted! Cute boys!

Kids posing with the mannequins in the court house. Click on the picture to see Dallins face. Hilarious!

Cutest little boy I HAVE EVER SEEN!

1 comments:

peer pressure made me do it said...

Picture thief! I love you and I think you should come visit Roosevelt instead of San Diego. I know, there's not quite as much to do but come on! John needs to see the hood!